11 August, 2012

Pedernales Falls State Park

Good evening all!

My husband and I went on a day trip to Pedernales Falls State Park with Kim and her kids today. It was so much fun with lots of beautiful things to see, but man was it hot! We started at Pedernales Falls and then migrated to Twin Falls after a bit of a break. I have to say, Twin Falls was super obscure and hard to find. And when we left, we actually got lost because the trail just faded away (instead of backtracking we wanted to circle around like it was marked on the map but of course that doesn't exist). It was rough, and I am so proud of Kim's girls! They were troopers and persevered in the heat and climbs. Intense, but so much fun.

Aside from having lots of fun, I was a bit sad that the sun was so bright and high up that it was difficult to get correct exposure. It was so easy to overexpose an image. For the images I did overexpose, I was lucky I photographed in RAW format so I can adjust exposure on the computer.

Despite having an amazing time, I feel like I was unable to capture the fun that I experienced. I think Kim did a way better job, so I must learn from her! It's always a learning process and I welcome any sort of tip or advice :) Anyway, here is a small sample of today's trip. I hope you like them!

<3 Kara







No comments:

Post a Comment