18 November, 2012

Sunday Surprise: Baby Theavy Sketch

Good afternoon y'all!

My husband and I are on our reading date again at Local Coffee, so I figured I should do a quick post while I have the chance!

Today's Sunday Surprise will feature a sketch I did while in drawing class back at Pacific Lutheran University. In that class we had a sketch book that we had to draw in with pen everyday; each page should look like we spent at least 20 minutes on it. The point was to keep your drawing skills flowing and by using pen, you have to be intentional about every stroke. If you messed up, you would just have to work with it.

This one is a sketch of my cousin Soktheavy. She's a bit older now, but this was her in 2010!



What do you think about this exercise of drawing in ink? It sure does have a risk element in it, but it forces you to commit to every stroke. I hope you like this sketch for Sunday Surprise!

Have a swell Sunday, and see you later!

<3 Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment